Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Channel 4: Prabhakaran’s son’s killing
Posted on March 13th, 2012

Asoka Weerasinghe Kings Grove Crescent . Gloucester . Ontario . K1J 6G1 . Canada

13 March 2012
Callum Macrae
Film Producer, Channel 4
Horseferry Road, London SW 1, UK

Dear Callum Macrae:
Once upon a time, as a young Geology student at the University of London, walking into the Geology Museum at South Kensington, and being met by display case after display case of Ceylon gems and geological structures, my blood curdled with resentment towards colonial Britishers for plundering the geological wealth from my Ceylon, and I always preambled my description of these British colonial ‘whites’ as “Those damn white bastards…”  When they left Ceylon in 1948, they did not consider having display case after display case of Ceylon gems and geological structures at the Colombo Museum, after 131 years of colonial rule.   That was my anger.

Read more...